What to Do When You Don’t Qualify for Solar
Jul 21, 2017
by EmPower Solar
IT’S NOT THE END OF YOUR ROAD TO RENEWABLES – A NEW BREAKTHROUGH BUSINESS MODEL IS SHAKING UP THE INDUSTRY, AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK
For most people, “going solar” means putting 20-30 solar panels on your single-family home to eliminate your electric bill. For others, who have impediments like like large shading trees, multiple dormers, or a slate roof, meant that a solar array was out of the question. With no way around it, these people were stuck paying high electric rates and handling whatever cards your electricity provider dealt you.
Luckily for NYC and Long Island residents, that’s not the case anymore. Here’s why:
Let us introduce, Community Solar.
As solar catapults into mainstream consumerism, this business model is on its way to taking center stage. Community Solar “subscriptions” are available to all electricity customers. Subscriptions provide access to all the benefits of clean, lower cost energy without requiring on-site generation. This means you can reap the financial, environmental, and economical benefits of solar energy without having an installation on your home.
The market potential is huge in urban areas, and we are excited to include the service as one of our core offerings through our sister company, Solar Ex.
How it works:
- EmPower Solar installs solar at a building or land host at zero cost to them, and we pay the host an annual rent, simlar to a cell phone tower arrangement.
- Solar Ex signs up subscribers that agree to purchase energy produced from the community solar array
- Through virtual net metering, energy from the array gets credited to the accounts of the subscribers at a lower cost than traditional rates
- Subscribers can monitor energy performance through the Solar Ex web platform.
- Immediate financial savings
- Pay as you go options
- Access benefits of clean energy without installing on your own property
- Support healthier communities
Cheap, clean, communal energy. Money goes back into the pockets of building and land owners businesses that get rent to install solar on their roofs and the energy consumer has a lower monthly electric bill. This is now all possible without having to physically installing the panels on a client’s own home.
Are you interested in lower electric bills, low carbon footprint, and contributing to a strong local economy? Fill out your information here to learn more about subscribing.