Accounts Receivable Specialist
WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as the Accounts Receivable Specialist to support and grow with the company.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for the billing operations and processes of the company, which entails the creation of invoices, billing clients, supporting collections efforts, and reviewing account discrepancies. Incoming payments will be entered into the accounting system and properly tracked/maintained. The AR Specialist will report to the Accounting Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating Invoices upon the sale of a project into accounting system.
- Assisting clients with financing applications.
- Working with financing companies to ensure timely disbursements to us on behalf of clients.
- Collect in-person/electronic payments from customers and accurately record into the accounting system.
- Working with multiple departments to determine payments outstanding.
- Resolving payment discrepancies, processing client change order, and negotiating payment arrangements.
- Update and create reports to assist management with Profitability reports.
- Perform account reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Continuous evaluation of current policies and recommendations for process improvements.
- At a minimum, an associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or General Business Administration.
- 1+ years of experience with collections, invoicing, and/or accounts receivable.
- Proficient with QuickBooks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word).
- Knowledge of GAAP and basic accounting principles.
- Strong Time Management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a dedication to accuracy.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Experience in the Construction Industry is a plus.
- Experience with Sales is a plus.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm, with a 1-hour lunch break.
This position is an In-Office position. Remote work is currently unavailable.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Appropriate candidates should expect an hourly rate between $22 – $26/hr. range.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 4% Match 401(k) Program
- 2.5 weeks of vacation, plus paid holidays.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
Complete the online application and submit a resume here:
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com