EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar energy design and contracting company focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area. EmPower seeks a personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as the Field Supervisor with the Commercial division.
This Field Supervisor, reporting to the Director of Field Operations, is responsible to create and oversee the implementation of best practices in the field with the goal of enhancing operational effectiveness. The Field Supervisor must understand and have experience in commercial construction management. Working together with the Director of Field Operations, this position will help field crew members plan and set goals that will encourage professional growth. This position is responsible to oversee several commercial solar projects, lead field personnel through effective and efficient installations, complete site audits on a regular basis and conduct on-site & off-site training. This includes providing guidance, training and direction to field crews, ensuring that everyone is aware of EmPower’s performance standards. This position will serve as the primary technical point of contact for crew members.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Commercial Construction Management
- When assigned, act as the commercial construction manager
- Support the Director of Field Operations as needed on commercial projects
- Primary contact for all technical questions the field crews may have
- Working with the team to help plan job aspects such as material staging, hoisting, and delivery logistics.
Provide support to the Foreman with Crew Development & Training
- Primary crew representative & liaison to other administrative functions
- Having a physical presence on each active site as frequently as daily when schedule allows
- Working with the foremen to make sure each crew member is supported with a training plan, setting goals on growth and development, and providing support in achieving those goals.
- Support the foreman and field crew with whatever they request
- Complete site inspections to ensure safety, teamwork, ownership of work, customer experience, knowledge growth, efficiency, and attention to Detail are all being focused on by the team.
- Willingness to step in and support the entire field team when needed
- Provides continuous feedback on post contract site visits (PCSV)
- Ensure all purchases have receipts using the Amazon app or other system
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Leadership and people management skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- 5 or more years solar/construction experience
- Highly motivated, committed individual, eager to take on hard tasks and find solutions
- Embodies and conveys EmPower’s vision of retaining & recruiting the “best of the best”
This is an exempt, salaried position. Compensation for this position will meet or exceed current compensation of employees. Salary will be increased with time in service and strong performance. All other standard EmPower benefits apply: Medical, dental and vision, life insurance and 401k plan with 4% match of gross compensation.
Vehicle – Given that much of the work week will be spent visiting sites, an EmPower vehicle will be made available for exclusive use, or a vehicle stipend provided.
Phone – Full mobile phone voice and data benefits.
Personal Professional Development – Additional provided for pursuing special training such as Master Electrician license, NABCEP certification, et cetera.
FUTURE GROWTH & OUTLOOK
EmPower continues to grow rapidly. A successful Field Supervisor should look forward to an expanding role and compensation package as Field Manager.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER SOLAR?
- EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar company and a respected energy leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower Solar will provide direct solar energy experience by allowing for training, both within EmPower Solar, and through appropriate industry recognized development programs.
- Support for outside training and professional development when available.
- A job at EmPower Solar gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower.
Interested applicants should fill out the online job application found here.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com.