EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as a Commercial Sales Assistant to support and grow the company.
Our goal moving forward is to be the premier commercial solar developer in the Long Island and New York City market.
The Commercial Sales Assistant will be an essential member of the team, reporting directly to leadership. This position provides progressive day-to-day support for the commercial department’s infrastructure, critical reporting, team members, clients, and interaction with external partners and internal EmPower departments.
This position will cultivate high-quality leads by strategically identifying, organizing, and targeting accounts through various proactive business development and sales efforts. The position will report directly to the SVP of site development.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support overall needs of the sales team, i.e., prepare and organize materials for site visits, presentations, letter writing, salesforce entry, costar research, setting up meetings, and any other directives by team members.
- Responsible for providing data as requested by the Sales Manager (SM) and Division Manager (DM) including excel based proposal generator, financing models, and comprehensive proposal submittal documentation.
- Responsible for tracking weekly and annual metrics, providing monthly sales reports, ensuring all forms of proper internal and external communication between the commercial team, our clients and internal departments.
- Responsible for sales designs.
- Comprehensive review, organization, and maintenance of internal commercial lead database (Salesforce background preferred).
- Identify target accounts through market research (CoStar).
- Assisting Sales Manager with developing new business relationships by finding new customers and re-engaging with existing prospects within the region.
- Responsible for sales collateral.
- Point of contact for incoming calls and emails.
- Develop and manage the mailing list.
- Set up meetings and arrange schedules.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
We are looking for an employee who will embody the “EmPowering Way”: professionalism, teamwork, excellence, commitment to clean energy, and client focus.
Candidates should also:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Robust organizational and time management skills
- Highly professional and respectful
- Proactive with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where demands and priorities change rapidly
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments, including occasional overtime, weekend
- Ready and eager to learn new methods, including software programs
- Willingness to flex schedule.
- Willingness to travel as much as 50% of the time locally
- Valid driver’s license
- Work Experience: 2-3 years of related experience preferred. Consideration will be given to recent graduates.
- Education: College degree in business administration, engineering, marketing, communications, economics, or a related field required.
- Software: Proficient in Google suite/Microsoft office. Command knowledge of Microsoft Excel or demonstrated aptitude to develop master excel skills. PowerPoint, Word.
- References: 2 + References.
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. From 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM is a general guideline. In a sales-oriented role, schedules are driven by clients and events.
The starting salary range for this position is between $18 – $22 per hour. The pay rate is commensurate with experience. Compensation will be increased with time in service and strong performance. Note that EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches the first 4%. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision programs. The typical workweek is 40 hours.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; training, conferences, etc.
WHY WORK FOR SUNPOWER BY EMPOWER SOLAR?
- EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar company and a respected energy leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower Solar will provide direct solar energy experience by allowing for training, both within EmPower Solar and through appropriate industry-recognized development programs.
- Support for outside training and professional development when available.
- A job at EmPower Solar allows you to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at empower-solar.com.