WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as Designer & Engineer to support and grow the company.
EmPower Solar seeks a Solar Designer/Engineer to assist in generating solar photovoltaic system designs for residential and commercial rooftops. The position is fast-paced and challenging requiring exceptional AutoCAD and Excel capabilities including basic solar/construction experience. This is an entry level Solar Engineer position with growth opportunities into rigorous electrical/mechanical/data and/or architectural disciplines.
- 5 day or less turnaround for designs and design revisions completed within 2 days.
- 5 to 6 Sales designs to be completed daily, depending on the queue.
- Complete 5-6 permit set to be submitted to permitting.
- Complete final construction drawings for clients 2 week prior to install.
- Provide daily support to Project Management, Warehouse, Operations and Sales professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Residential PV system design and drafting, enabling effective and efficient turnaround of “Sales Designs” in order to drive sales, ensuring strong customer feedback.
- Interfacing both Engineering and Sales departments.
- Identify key issues and considerations as part of the proposal (pre-sale) process.
- Maintain intimate familiarity with best design practices and new products used in industry through continuous review of manuals, improved design techniques, etc.
- Translate roof layouts taken via roof measurements or Google Earth/Bing, to AutoCAD.
- Propose one or several system configurations weighing pitch, orientation, racking type, inverter selection and production and costs.
- Prepare initial sales mechanical and/or electrical schematics.
- Estimate system production using on-line estimating tools and EmPower developed Excel tools.
- Evaluate preliminary electrical interconnection method.
- See tabular breakdown on at of this position description.
- 2- or 4-year degree in Drafting, Technology or Engineering.
- High proficiency and interest/capability to become AutoCAD expert.
- Demonstrated ability to perform spreadsheet analysis using Excel, showing high attention to detail, converting raw data accurate and useful conclusions.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Capability of navigating, interpreting and applying code requirements when necessary.
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including occasional overtime, weekend and overnight travel requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic construction experience including familiarity with structural or mechanical systems.
- Direct prior experience designing and installing solar systems.
- NABCEP Certification and/or completion of other solar training/certification programs.
- Familiarity with computer networking, system administration, web development and database management.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
The typical workday is 8 to 9 hours of work time with separate break for lunch, with a flexible starting time of between 8 and 9 AM.
Entry level starting salary for this position is $38,000 to $42,000 annually which includes a “structured bonus” component. Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k with 4% company match, hybrid vehicle purchase/wrap program, 2.5 weeks of vacation plus 10 paid holidays, sick leave, and others. Compensation over this amount may be considered based on demonstrated previous solar or other design experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
Submit your online application here.
Submission will be evaluated on a first come first serve basis. Once submitted, candidates will be sent a simple screening exam followed by a phone interview. Final candidates will interview in person.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at www.empower-solar.com EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com