WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as Drone Operator/Site Auditor + Designer to support and grow the company.
The role of the Drone Operator/Site Auditor + Designer will be to visit, measure and assess prospective client sites to obtain and communicate the necessary project information to the EmPower design and engineer team for the preparation of the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. Core objectives include operating a drone to measure customers’ rooftops or measuring customers’ rooftops by hand and creating a usable drawn layout, performing roof quality analyses, collecting extensive photo documentation, identifying problematic trees, and performing shading analyses. Primary external interface and communication will be with EmPower’s potential customers.
- Operating a drone to measure customers’ rooftops or measuring customers’ rooftops by hand and creating a usable drawn layout.
- Use EmPower Solar provided equipment to take and capture clear photos documenting the project site.
- Measure and assess prospective client sites to obtain and communicate the necessary project information to the EmPower team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate roof layouts taken via roof measurements or Google Earth / Bing, to AutoCAD.
- Residential PV system design and drafting, enabling effective and efficient turnaround of “Sales Designs” in order to drive sales, ensuring strong customer feedback.
- Identify key issues and considerations as part of the proposal (pre-sale) process.
- Interfacing both Engineering and Sales departments.
Site Audit + Drone Operator
- Safely perform drone operations, small, unmanned aircraft system (sUAS), in residential areas that are FAA approved for flight.
- Be able to follow a preset job schedule and track hours on a smart phone application.
- Be able to communicate with customers during the initial face-to-face greeting and/or on the phone.
- Safely perform a physical site survey using a variety of company provided tools and equipment including measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Follow all procedures referenced on the Roof Assessment Worksheet and fill out accurately and completely.
- Upload information to the EmPower project management system using a company provided computer.
- Provide and maintain a current, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle or personal vehicle for company use as necessary.
- Additional duties required as needed.
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Part 107 certificate but will provide training if needed. You are required to follow the requirements of the FAA’s Part 107 Small UAS Rule (Part 107), which includes passing the FAA’s Aeronautical Knowledge Test to obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and maneuver a large ladder and other equipment as necessary.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics).
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings.
- Basic computer and organizational skills including the ability to print/scan paper documents and copy/move files in Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to communicate with several internal departments via email or phone, as well as be client facing and speak face to face with customers.
- Willingness to travel on the job.
- Must be able to follow standardized processes and meet deadlines while working unassisted or in a team environment.
- Has reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Passionate about the solar energy construction industry; looking to start a career.
- Prior experience flying drones.
- Experience as a roofer or knowledge of various roofing materials and structural elements.
- Good handwriting and sketching skills.
- Comfortable with heights, steep roofs, and tall commercial roofs.
- Experience drafting in AutoCAD.
- Experience with 3D modeling software.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. 8 AM to 5 PM as a general guideline.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis; effective rates are between $18 to $22 per hour starting. Experienced site auditors are offered as high as $26 or more per hour. Compensation packages will be evaluated based on background and experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
- Competitive pay
- 5 weeks of vacation, sick time plus paid holidays
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; happy hours, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
All applications are submitted online.
Additional documents are required to be submitted per instructions in the online form.
COMPANY + CONTACT INFORMATION
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower can be found here.