EmPower Solar is a fast growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as a Drone Operator / Solar Installer to support and grow the company.
The primary role of the Drone Operator / Solar Installer will be to visit, measure and assess perspective client sites to obtain and communicate the necessary project information to the EmPower design and engineer team for the preparation of the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. Core objectives include operating a drone to measure customers’ rooftops and creating a usable drawn layout, performing roof quality analyses, collecting extensive photo documentation, identifying problematic trees, and performing shading analyses. Primary external interface and communication will be with EmPower’s potential customers.
The secondary role of the Drone Operator / Solar Installer will be to perform the installation of solar electric systems on homes and commercial buildings.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use EmPower Solar provided equipment to take and capture clear photos documenting the project site
- Safely perform drone operations, small unmanned aircraft system (sUAS), in residential areas that are FAA approved for flight
- Be able to follow a preset job schedule and track hours on a smart phone application
- Be able to communicate with customers during the initial face-to-face greeting and/or on the phone
- When operating a drone is not available conduct a physical site survey using a variety of company provided tools and equipment including measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Provide and maintain a current, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle or personal vehicle for company use as necessary
- Working on the roof for system layout, mounting of attachments and/or rails, mounting of solar panels, module wiring interconnections and more.
- Electrical & interconnection work includes conduit runs, wire pulling, inverter mounting, mounting & dressing of electrical enclosures, final terminations, and more
- Additional duties required as needed
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- You are required to follow the requirements of the FAA’s Part 107 Small UAS Rule (Part 107), which includes passing the FAA’s Aeronautical Knowledge Test to obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings
- Willingness to travel
- Passionate about the solar energy construction industry; looking to start a career
- Construction / mechanical experience, comfortable using tools
We are looking for an employee who will embody the “EmPowering Way”: professionalism, teamwork, excellence, commitment to clean energy and client focus.
Candidates should also:
- Have excellent client relations & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment, meeting deadlines, and has attention to details — explanation/description
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including occasional overtime, weekend and overnight travel requirement
- Has reliable transportation with valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to follow standardized processes while working unassisted
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
During the months of March – November, this position works Monday through Thursday, ten hours per day, with Friday as the “Regular Day Off”. Work hours are typically from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Occasionally your day off will shift to a day earlier in the week as a result of inclement weather and you will work Friday instead, ensuring you get your full work week. During the months of December – February, this position works Monday through Friday, eight hours per day. Work hours are typically 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis, effective rates are between $18 to $22 per hour starting. Experienced installers are offered as high as $35 or more per hour. Structured bonus is based on $/module installation system. Compensation packages will be evaluated based on background and experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER?
- EmPower is a fast growing solar energy company and alternative energy company that is a leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower will provide hands on solar energy education and training under the guidance of engineers and energy management professionals. EmPower’s team has several NABCEP certified solar professionals.
- Support for outside training and professional development is available.
- A job at EmPower gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower
All applications are submitted online using the Apply Now link below. Additional documents are required to be submitted per instructions in the online form.
COMPANY & CONTACT INFORMATION
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at https://www.empower-solar.com/why-empower-solar