Fleet Mechanic + Warehouse Associate
WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as a Fleet Mechanic + Warehouse Associate to support and grow the company.
EmPower Solar seeks a Fleet Mechanic + Warehouse Associate to ensure crews always have the equipment and vehicles they need to execute projects efficiently and effectively. This position is responsible for performing corrective and preventative maintenance of the vehicle fleet. Warehouse Associate is responsible for ordering, storing & distributing tools and equipment, including stocking vehicles for the next day after they return in the evening.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
The mechanic is responsible for inspecting and repairing vehicles. As well as working with the Procurement Specialist ordering parts and keeping records of repairs. This position will work to complete repairs within specific time windows.
- Oil changes
- Filter replacement
- Tire pressure checks
- Brake work
- Changing air filters
- Changing a broken light bulb
- Replacing the windshield wipers
- Fixing a flat tire
- Review jobs and prep supplies for each crew prior to their return
- Assist with restocking trucks & vans after their return to the warehouse in the late
- Take deliveries, audit against what was ordered, track
- Restock inventory maintaining highly organized storage
- Keep the yard clean &
- Maintain sign-out system for designated equipment &
- Oversee proper care & maintenance of EmPower’s vehicle
- Other missions and tasks as assigned by your
- Mechanical knowledge of larger fleet vehicles
- Ability to perform and experience repairing and basic maintenance for all trucks and vans
- Familiarity with USDOT requirements
- Highly organized, attention to detail with the ability to manage last minute
- Personable, proactive, quick learner, positive endorsements
- Personal vehicle & valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Completed OSHA-10 training (can do at home after being notified of your selection)
- Forklift experience / qualifications
- Strong communication skills
- Basic construction industry experience or training
- Strong references to provide testimony of your ability to learn quickly, organize & think
- Stocking or retail experience in a distribution center or warehouse
- Prior experience working in the Solar industry or with electrical
- Prior experience with fleet and vehicle management
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and other computer-based inventory
- Familiar with Long Island and City electrical codes
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This position is good for someone who prefers to have mornings off for personal activities. As Fleet Mechanic + Warehouse Associate you will work with management to determine what work schedules are best. In general, this position works five-day work week, 2 PM – 10 PM, or until the job is done, with most activity taking place on afternoons, evenings and weekends. On a typical workday the crews will pick up the trucks early in the morning (around 6am) and return to the warehouse after between 5pm to 7pm. As Mechanic and Associate, you will ensure that the trucks are properly stocked and operating correctly for the next workday and ready for pickup early the next morning. This means that the Mechanic & Associate will work until 8pm or later if needed. Weekend work may be required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar company and a respected energy leader in the
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the
- Working for EmPower Solar will provide direct solar energy experience by allowing for training, both within EmPower Solar, and through appropriate industry recognized development
- Support for outside training and professional development when
- A job at EmPower Solar gives you an opportunity to be an environmental
- Opportunity for career advancement within
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
For further consideration, please complete an online application found here: https://forms.gle/GQgZzittj4Lnexdw9
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com