WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values. EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as the Electric Lead to support and grow the company.
The Electric Lead is responsible for many different tasks, all based around experienced electrical knowledge. You must be familiar with the 2008 NEC and NYC addendums. This position reports to and will work closely with the NYC Field Supervisor. You will be responsible to schedule projects, including being slightly involved in communication with Project Managers to schedule fail fixes and Out of Scope (OOS) work as needed, keeping the truck stocked with everything needed to perform tasks, be proactive on projects and fix unseen issues and assist install teams in difficult situations. The Electric lead will be responsible to assist install teams as directed when OOS electrician knowledge and skills are needed on specific sites.
Success in this position will be determined by monitoring the following data:
- Successful passage of NYC electrical inspections and code compliance.
- Client satisfaction with all service upgrades.
- Serve as an electrical subject matter expert.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform residential service upgrades in NYC to code.
- Install EV charges.
- Attending NYC electrical inspections with light tools and materials to make any small corrections on the spot.
- Responds eagerly to troubleshooting / maintenance issues.
- Managing client expectations and delivering an amazing client experience.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- 5+ years of experience as an electrical mechanic performing residential work.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Detailed oriented, ability to multi-task under restrictive deadlines.
- Capable of working independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving; capable of taking an undefined problem and identifying solvable approaches.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code, capable of recalling all common electrical regulations and calculations quickly.
- In depth knowledge of the NYC Code.
- In depth knowledge of Construction Safety.
- In depth knowledge of building materials and methods.
- Valid NYS driver’s license.
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
- 3-4 years of Solar Installation experience (NYC preferred but not necessary)
- 2-3 years of Electrical Installation experience (NYC preferred but not necessary)
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
Employee shall be paid on an hourly basis. Hourly rate ranges from $28-$35. Additionally, EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches up to 4% of gross compensation. Benefits include medical, dental vision, Flexible spending account and life insurance programs. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch, starting at 9 AM.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; happy hours, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Interested applicants should fill out the online job application found here.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com.