EmPower Solar is a fast growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower seeks a personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties doing NYC Electrical & Structural Site Audits and to sit for Electrical Inspections.
The Electrical Site Technician shall be responsible for scheduling and conducting the Post Contract Site Visits (PCSV) which is a thorough inspection of a client’s property including all elements of the electrical service, the structural roof members, and all possible equipment locations. The PCSV is an information gathering mission that is essential for a project to flow smoothly through each department within EmPower. Using the information gathered at the PCSV the Site Auditor will complete a worksheet to highlight the specific details of the project that were reviewed with the client. This worksheet also functions as a blue print, including all electrical calculations for wire sizing and over current protection and materials lists that will be referenced by our warehouse team to prep jobs and by our crews to work off of during installation. A structural analysis is also done at this visit which the details of will be handed off to our Engineer & Design team for review.
Once the installation crew has completed a project, this individual will change hats to the Electrical Inspection Technician. Individual will be responsible for attending NYC Electrical Inspections. Meeting with the inspectors to open equipment and answer any questions regarding the electrical service and the integration of the solar system.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Interaction + Project Site Audit + Installation Planning Worksheet + Electrical Inspections
- Manage project queue to keep projects flowing through the pipeline.
- Scheduling with client using software as well as traditional email/phone/text communication
- Managing client expectations and delivering an amazing client experience
- Documenting all key parts of the site audit using in house photo app
- Inspecting structural roof members occasionally cutting open ceilings to view rafters.
- Inspecting all aspects of the electrical service including service entrance (overhead/underground), condition of
existing equipment, condition and code compliance of existing grounding electrode system.
- Identification of optimal location for solar equipment
- Identification of optimal location for “home run” wiring from solar array to ground level equipment.
- Using knowledge of NEC and NYC code, completing a detailed worksheet highlighting key project details.
- Scanning and uploading documents to our system
- Attending NYC electrical inspections with light tools and materials to make any small corrections on the spot
- Works evenings and weekends as required.
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Detailed oriented, ability to multi-task under restrictive deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word and other Office programs.
- Must be proactive with the ability to manage a flexible schedule
- Capable of working independently and with a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate will need to make phone calls to clients, contractors,
and electrical inspectors.
- Candidate must have neat legible handwriting.
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving; capable of taking an undefined problem and identifying solvable
- In depth knowledge of the NEC
- In depth knowledge of the NYC Code
- In depth knowledge of Construction Safety
- In depth knowledge of building materials and methods
- 2-3 years of Solar Installation experience (NYC preferred but not necessary)
- 2-3 years of Electrical Installation experience (NYC preferred but not necessary)
- 3-5 years of General Construction experience
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Employee shall be paid on an hourly basis. Hourly rate ranges from $28-$35 part of which will be a bonus. Additionally, EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches up to 4% of gross compensation. Benefits include medical, dental and vision programs. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch, starting at 9 AM.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; happy hours, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER?
- EmPower is a fast growing solar energy company and alternative energy company that is a leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower will provide hands on solar energy education and training under the guidance of engineers and energy management professionals. EmPower’s team has several NABCEP certified solar professionals.
- Support for outside training and professional development is available.
- A job at EmPower gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower
All applications are submitted online using the Apply Now link below. Additional documents are required to be submitted per instructions in the online form.
COMPANY & CONTACT INFORMATION
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at https://www.empower-solar.com/why-empower-solar