WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create
a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our
approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as an Administrative Assistant + Office Manager to support and grow the company.
The Administrative Assistant + Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office administration policies and procedures between EmPower Solar’s two offices to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. One office location in Island Park, NY, and the second in Farmingdale, NY.
The Administrative Assistant should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. They should be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the organizational challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. Responsibilities include managing COVID19 screening tracking, supply orders, distributing mail, and maintain office facilities and cleanliness.
The right person must be energetic, pro-active, organized, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide Administrative support to the Human Resources and Accounting teams.
- Maintain 100% onboarding documentation compliance for all employees.
- Ensure 100% accuracy with clerical tasks such as data entry, filing and scheduling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIIES
Administration Support for two Offices
- Point person for maintenance (Including HVAC, doors, water, desks, etc.), mailing, shipping, supplies,
equipment, and errands.
- Ensure office supplies are adequately stocked–place orders when necessary. Including Paper, bathroom
- Distribute mail daily.
- Maintain and ensure office cleanliness. Manage office cleaning vendor and takes personal responsibility to assign others to help when necessary. Including Sink area, fridge, rubbish/recycling, general debris in all rooms, IT equipment, etc.
- Assisting with human resources and recruiting efforts when needed, including completing reference checks.
- Oversee vehicle usage calendar.
- All vehicles have proper registration and insurance coverage.
- All vehicles are being maintained and safe to drive.
- All vehicles are clean and tidy.
- Primary liaison for all insurance issues, including accidents/claims.
- Maintain employee Insurance Policy list (regular review) hires/ removals.
- Support search for new vehicle purchases.
- Office personnel are following company vehicle use policies.
- Maintain recordkeeping and vehicle tracking tools.
The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Detailed oriented, ability to multi-task under restrictive deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and other Office programs.
- Candidate must have neat, legible handwriting.
- Capable of working in a team environment as well as acting and operating confidently and independently.
- Demonstrated capability of problem-solving; capable of taking an undefined problem and identifying solvable approaches.
- Experience/familiarity working in a construction business.
We are looking for an employee who will embody the “EmPowering Way”: professionalism, teamwork, excellence, commitment to clean energy, and client focus.
- Associates/ Bachelor’s degree or working towards one.
- Experience using the Salesforce.com platform.
- Demonstrate proficiency in working with google suite.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. Candidate must be willing to commit to extra hours when necessary for important events and complete time-sensitive tasks. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch, starting at 9 AM.
Employee shall be hourly and receive a compensation range of $18-$20 an hour, which shall commensurate with experience. Salary will be increased with time in service and strong performance.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Complete the online application and submit a resume here.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com.