Operations Associate & Salesforce Developer/Administrator
WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower is seeking an individual with strong analytical skills to directly assist the COO in all duties including but not limited to data analysis, process and dashboard development, software tool development, case study administration and analysis, etc. This individual shall have unique access to company data and directly participate in senior management actions and decision making, including occasional acts directly on behalf of the COO.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a key contributing member in the “Office of the COO” as an “Operations Associate”
- Participating in strategic decision making and deployment activities which have company wide operational impacts.
- Continually seek and implement innovations which track and optimize EmPower operations
- Salesforce Development
- Participate with existing EmPower Salesforce staff in various leadership or assistance roles
- Maintain and improve existing Apex Classes (ex. Project Scheduling Utility, Module Inventory Tracking System, Special Data Retrieval Functions, Custom Object Conversion Utilities, etc)
- Assist with special development, or platform migration projects including all aspects of initial research, planning, execution/deployment, troubleshooting, training & continuous optimization
- Salesforce Administration
- Assist/lead existing EmPower Salesforce staff in administration and updating of our platform
- Assist/lead 3rd party application integration and optimization, API management, etc.
- Maintain, update and develop new reports and dashboards for EmPower employees, in accordance with optimal procedures and desired outcomes
- Develop new reports to be used in senior level strategic decision making
- Other Operations Associate Duties
- Perform data analytics. Clan, analyze and provide insight based on raw data.
- Assist/lead in maintenance & upgrades of a custom iPhone & Android phone application for collection of site photos
- Assist/lead data migration and online platform development for other projects (such as development of EmPower Crew “Professional Development Program” PDP for online learning)
- Assist/lead in the writing of VBA macros, or other automation tasks
- Assist in maintenance and development of existing core Excel based tools/utilities. Where applicable, assist or lead efforts to migrate the tool to new platforms.
KEY CHARACTER TRAITS
- Problem solver
- Doesn’t stop until solutions found and/or conclusions reached
- Highly organized, meticulous
- Self-starter, always takes initiative
- Excited to learn new skills, gain experience and knowledge in new domains
- Salesforce Administrator & Developer Certification (via Trailhead or equivalent)
- 3 or more years of ERP software administration or development experience (ex. Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, or other)
- 3 years of demonstrated coding and development experience
- Experience performing research and performing a deep dive into a desired topic and obtaining a complete understanding as required or desired
- Bachelor or Master of Science in an analytical discipline. Ex: Software, Accounting, Business, Engineering, Math, Science. And/or Master in Business Administration.
- Strong visual design sense, with ability to communicate effectively and elegantly using reports, graphs, charts, etc.
- Direct experience in business operations, such as writing/development of operational procedures
- Additional analytical software experience such as Power BI, Tableau, SAS DB & SQL Programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
HOURS, LOCATION, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Please know that solar development and contracting is a “hands on” business. Most operations employees spend 100% of their time in the field or office, as does the COO, with some exceptions. It is our expectation and vision that this position spends a majority of their time working directly work with the COO in person continually on a daily basis.
- Given the nature of the role, individual must work 100% in the office with the COO for the first 4 months. Following the initial period, limited work from home will be allowed, up to 2 days per week.
- The typical workday is 8-10 work hours with a break for lunch, starting between 8 to 9 AM. Target starting annual compensation is $70k or more per year.
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; 4% match 401 k program; and 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
To apply for this position, please complete this online form. You will be uploading your resume and other information here. Note that you will need a Google Account to complete the application.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com