EmPower Solar is a fast growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as a Procurement Specialist to support and grow the company as a member of the accounting department.
The mission of the accounting department is to promote financial prosperity for EmPower Solar, our employees, and our partners. This involves completing tasks as quickly and accurately as possible, but also requires communication with all members of the company, and our partners. We are tasked to solve problems on the fly every day. In doing so we constantly learn how to improve our systems. We also consult with outside sources and pursue independent education to further our skill sets.
The Procurement Specialist will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role. Please see further duties and responsibilities below:
- Negotiate the company’s purchase of high quality materials and equipment at the best value, to increase company profitability.
- Improve current purchasing processes and efficiently track inventory levels and purchases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Procurement Specialist oversees and is responsible for:
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing accounts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Creating and/or approving purchase orders, confirming delivery of goods and services, and matching against invoices.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports.
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
We are looking for an employee who will embody the “EmPowering Way”: professionalism, teamwork, excellence, commitment to clean energy and client focus.
- Software: QuickBooks, Salesforce
- Experience in high growth businesses
- Solar Industry knowledge
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Employee shall be paid at an hourly rate between $24.00 – $33.00, commensurate with experience. Wages will be increased with time in service and strong performance. Additionally, EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches up to 4% of gross compensation. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs. The typical day is 8-9 work hours starting at 8:30 AM, including a break for lunch. The Procurement Specialist should be available to work overtime to complete key, time sensitive, tasks.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
- Competitive pay
- 5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; happy hours, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
Interested applicants should fill out the online job application found here.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at www.empower-solar.com