WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks a talented, confident, highly organized and motivated individual as a commercial Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer has a degree, and/or several years of experience working as a designer/engineer. This person is the primary interface between EmPower, the client and all related internal and external resources and stakeholders post sale until 100% project completion. You are the primary coordinator and responsible party to ensure projects are installed profitably while maintaining the highest level of customer service. You will work collaboratively with a highly capable team of operations and design personnel. Together we shall continue to deliver clean energy to the world, one home and business at a time.
- Deliver on time / on budget project
- Create project schedule, budget and profit target based on estimate within 1 month of sale.
- Submit monthly project budget reports
- Prevent unnecessary project delays, e.g., roof warranty continuance coordination process and tasks well in advance, ensure long lead time items secured well in advance
- Deliver amazing customer experience measured by customer satisfaction scores
- Complete post project budget and schedule analysis within 1 month of project completion
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Responsibilities –
- Overall project execution
- Critical focus on delivering exceptional customer service, meeting & exceeding client expectations
- Manages and drives project execution and timeline for on-time / accurate completion
- Coordinate internal resources (across divisions & departments) as necessary
- Manage all scheduling, approvals/paperwork, contractual, subcontract, fiscal/payroll, etc.
- Send formal timely client updates, maintain up to date project status in Tracker
- Project electronic & paper files are organized, up to date, purged of outdated info
- Drives continuous improvement of company operations through new ideas, innovation, system improvement and development, etc.
- Design and update solar PV systems to contract specifications
- Identify construction solutions and design workarounds where required
Specific Tasks –
- Read and fully comprehend project specific contract
- Coordinates work between Project Designer, Third Party Engineer & Permitting Expeditor in assembling the submission package for the building permit
- With Construction Manager (typically designer) produce Site Operations Plan if necessary
- Ensure execution & review work package & ready for work start
- Coordinate scheduling work/crew allocation with homeowner/business/entity
- Schedule equipment and material deliveries
- Schedule/coordinate subcontractors, as necessary, manage all invoicing & paperwork
- Formally coordinate, review & approve invoices for work in progress by subs
- Oversee and support proper invoicing of client, timely receipt of payment, etc.
- Attend the site during planning and construction, interface with CM, crew & client for smooth exec.
- 2- or 4-year degree in Drafting, Technology or Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with and manage clients in all types of situations
- High proficiency in Excel/Google-Sheets, showing high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to perform spreadsheet analysis using Excel, showing high attention to detail, converting raw data accurate and useful conclusions
- Project Management experience including managing schedules and Gantt charts.
- Construction experience, including familiarity with structural, mechanical, electrical systems
- Capability of understanding and communicating basic code issues when necessary
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including overtime, weekend, and overnight travel requirements
- OSHA-10 Certification & smart phone
- Advanced knowledge of electrical and structural engineering concepts and practices
- Highly skilled with AutoCAD software and advanced understanding of CAD concepts
- Direct prior experience as a PM in Construction Management and/or solar field
- NABCEP Certification and/or completion of other solar training/certification programs
- Mechanical or electrical engineering preferred, but open to any type of engineering background.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
The typical workday is 8-10 work hours with a break for lunch, starting between 8 to 9 AM. Weekend and off hours will be required occasionally. Target starting annual compensation is $60 to $80k or more per year. Cash compensation consists of both (a) base pay and (b) semester based structured bonus following performance evaluation. Additional benefits include 401k up to 4% match, medical, dental and vision programs.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com