WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as a Project Manager to support and grow the company.
As a Project Manager you are the primary interface between EmPower Solar & the client, post contract. You are the primary coordinator and responsible party to ensure projects are installed properly, while maintaining the highest level of customer service. You will be part of a highly functional team of other operations and design personnel. Together with the EmPower Sales team, we shall continue to deliver our great product, delivering clean energy to the world, one home and business at a time.
- Ensure we are providing the best customer service out there, maintain ongoing client communication, respond to inquiries swiftly and efficiently.
- Project Stability maintain clear and up to date project notes. Ensure anyone can review the project and know exactly what the project status is.
- Bring the PM team to the next level by providing best service to our clients and coordinating internal resources (across divisions & departments).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Responsibilities –
• Primary entity responsible for overseeing project execution.
• Assigned residential projects, increasing in complexity as experience grows.
• Critical focus on delivering exceptional customer service, meeting & exceeding client expectations.
• Manages and drives project execution and timeline for on-time / accurate completion.
• Manage all scheduling, approvals/paperwork, contractual, subcontract.
• Send formal timely client updates, maintain up to date project status notes in Sales Force.
• Project electronic & paper files are organized, up to date, purged of outdated info.
Specific Tasks –
- Coordinates work between Project Designer, Third Party Engineer (if required) & In House Permitting Expeditor in assembling the submission package for the building permit.
- Confirm all required approvals (PSEG/Con-Ed, Permit, Electrical Permit) are in place for every project prior to confirming the schedule.
- Ensure execution & review work package & ready for work start.
- Coordinate scheduling work/crew allocation with homeowner/business/entity.
- Coordinate with warehouse on the schedule and any other outside the norm onsite requirements (ex. BSW Pergola, Sunbelt Rentals etc.).
- Schedule/coordinate subcontractors, as necessary, manage all invoicing & paperwork.
- Formally coordinate, review & approve invoices for work in progress by subs. Mainly handled by acct. now, with support from the PM team when needed.
• BS/BE with 0 to 3 years of operations or project management related experience.
- Must have the ability to maintain organized, clear and up to date project notes.
• Degree is not necessary, if sufficient experience can be demonstrated
• Demonstrated ability to positively interact with and manage clients in all types of situations
• High proficiency in Excel/Google-Sheets, showing high attention to detail
• Basic construction experience a must, including familiarity with structural or mechanical systems
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications
• Capability of understanding and communicating basic code issues when necessary
• Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including overtime, weekend, and overnight travel requirements
• Direct prior experience as a PM in Construction Management and/or solar field
• NABCEP Certification and/or completion of other solar training/certification programs
- OSHA-10 Certification & smart phone
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
The typical workday is 8-10 work hours with a break for lunch, starting between 8 to 9 AM. Weekend and off hours will be required at times.
Starting salary for this position is $60,000. More may be offered commensurate with experience. Cash compensation consists of both (a) base pay and (b) semester based structured bonus following performance evaluation. Additional benefits include 401k up to 4% match, full medical, dental and vision programs.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com