WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as a Project Manager in the Service Department to support and grow the company.
As a Project Manager in the Service Department, you are the primary interface between EmPower Solar & the client, on all service-related projects. You are the primary coordinator and responsible party to ensure projects are serviced properly, while maintaining the highest level of customer service. The Project Manager is responsible for call answering, customer service, troubleshooting, quoting, scheduling, and payments for service work. The Service Associate is responsible to deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
1. Top Quality Customer Service – ensure we are providing the best customer service out there, maintain ongoing client communication, respond to inquiries swiftly and efficiently.
2. Project Stability – document and maintain clear and up to date project notes. Ensure anyone can review the project and know exactly what the project status is.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary entity responsible for overseeing project execution.
- Critical focus on delivering exceptional customer service, meeting & exceeding client expectations.
- Manages and drives project execution and timeline for on-time / accurate completion.
- Coordinate internal resources, as necessary.
- Send formal timely client updates, maintain up to date project status notes in Sales Force.
- Answering/Routing to appropriate person
- Answering general questions /sending requested documentation and/or
- Production Reporting
- Sources: sales, marketing and inbound calls.
- Review HO bills and verify against monitoring.
- Explain net metering and how credits banks work.
- Initial Scheduling
- Setting initial appointments
- Creating opportunities/events
- Giving updates on time of arrival/changes to schedule
- Quoting — Standard
- Snow, Squirrel, etc.
- Generate, send to client, get signed!
- Salesforce Processing & AR Management
- Post SV — Warranty / Quote / Project creation
- Invoicing / Follow-up
- Reconciliation with accounting dept and Project closeout
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
• BS/BE with 0 to 3 years of operations or project management related experience.
• Degree is not necessary, if sufficient experience can be demonstrated.
• Demonstrated ability to positively interact with and manage clients in all types of situations.
• High proficiency in Excel/Google-Sheets, showing high attention to detail.
• OSHA-10 Certification & smart phone
• Passionate about the solar energy construction industry
• Excellent client relations & interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience working in a team environment meeting deadlines with attention to detail — explanation/description, references required.
• Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments.
• College degree or working towards one.
• Experience using software including Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Docs, Salesforce
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Preference given to individuals with NABCEP certifications.
• Direct prior experience as a PM in Construction Management and/or solar field
• NABCEP Certification and/or completion of other solar training/certification programs
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. Candidate must be willing to commit to extra hours when necessary for customer emergencies and complete time-sensitive tasks. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch, starting at 9 AM.
Starting salary will commensurate with experience. Compensation consists of both (a) base pay (b) semester based structured bonus following performance evaluation (c) commissions. Additional benefits include 401k up to 4%
match, full medical, dental and vision programs.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.