WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to succeed professionally and thrive personally.
Sales Professionals are responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for EmPower’s prospective and existing customer base. New prospective customers are received and qualified by EmPower’s Customer Experience team, and a consultation will be scheduled with you, the Sales Professional, and the homeowner. Sales Professionals are responsible for quickly developing meaningful relationships with new prospective customers and walking them through the entire sales process, from basic education to contract signature.
KEY DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quickly develop relationships with new prospective customers
- Generate preliminary and final proposals
- Meet with homeowners to deliver presentations and present proposals
- Discover, understand, and execute on optimal financing and system design solutions for customers
- Tightly manage customer expectations and sales cycle procedures for a multitude of customers at once
- Self-generate new sales opportunities and cultivate referral opportunities from new and existing clients
- Develop a deep industry knowledge, with a particular emphasis on the technical aspects of solar power and equipment, financing, legislative and regulatory policy, and market forces/influences
- Demonstrate a commitment to the EmPower team, working with other Sales Professionals and team members to achieve common goals
- Represent EmPower’s vision, mission, and culture with pride and purpose
YOUR PERSONAL QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Highly responsible and professional
- Sports-minded, competitive, and coachable
- Extremely well-organized; able to tightly manage a multitude of relationships at once
- Self-starting; highly proactive; eager and willing to try new things to promote personal success
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills; able to communicate and deal well with new people; make new friends quickly; build relationships in person and over the phone with people of all ages, genders, races, religions, backgrounds, etc.
- A strong affinity for and familiarity with new technology
- A high respect for process and procedure; able to step outside of your comfort zone to embrace new processes
- Highly proficient in Google and Microsoft suite of products (Gmail, Google Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
KEY PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES
- Maintain an opportunity-to-sale ratio of 25% or better
- Cultivate a monthly minimum of 4 sales opportunities from self-generated business and referrals within 6 months
- Close, on average, a monthly minimum of 4 sales within 6 months
- Develop and maintain a relationship with a clientele base/sphere of influence
- Demonstrate industry-specific sales best practices, including:
- Performing introductory calls to all new opportunities
- Regularly asking for/cultivating referrals from new and existing clients
- Deliver an amazing customer experience for all prospective customers, illustrated by strong net promoter scores and other customer reviews
YOU ALSO HAVE
- A strong familiarity with Google Workspace, including Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendars, etc.
- A familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM, preferred
- 2+ References
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position, approximately 45-50 hours/week expected. The compensation for this position is comprised of a base salary plus a commission structure. Regular performance bonuses and sales contest prizes will also be given to strong performers. This is a performance-based position, and motivated, hardworking, successful employees will be compensated generously. Benefits include a 4% match 401(k) program; health, dental, and vision benefits; unlimited vacation.
- Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sales Professional.”
- Include something fun/interesting/unusual/intriguing about yourself in your cover letter.
- In your cover letter, give us your best directions from New York Penn Station to the Statue of Liberty.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
EmPower Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.