WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties Social Media + Digital Marketing Coordinator to support and grow the company.
The Social Media + Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for dramatically expanding the company’s growing social media and digital impact. The coordinator will manage social media content and scheduling, website development, and creative and written content. The coordinator will support both the residential and commercial business channels with the overall goal of increasing high quality leads.
The Social Media + Digital Marketing Coordinator will ensure that EmPower Solar remains the perceived regional leader when it comes to quality workmanship, customer experience, and community service.
Success in this position will be determined by monitoring the following data:
- Qualified lead growth rate
- Social media audience growth rate
- SEO ranking improvement rates
- Consumer engagement, impressions, visits, conversions
- Positive return on digital advertising budgets
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital + Social Marketing Coordinator will have direct ownership over and responsibility for holistically managing the following programs:
- Strategy: Develop and manage a social media content calendar including organic posts and paid ads to support campaigns.
- Creative: create visually appealing content (photos, videos, graphics) for Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn with captivating captions and relevant hashtags.
- Community management: Build meaningful connections with industry professionals, influencers, existing customers, and potential customers via social media; respond to comments and messages in a timely manner.
- Reporting: Define, measure, and report upon KPIs. Use analytics reports to gain insights and utilize this information effectively.
- Training: Train other employees, such as sales team, to effectively use social media.
- SEO: Developing and implementing effective search engine optimization strategies while balancing a positive user experience on our website.
- SEM: Managing Google AdWords and other search engine marketing campaigns.
- Reporting: Using analytics to report quantitative success regarding SEO and SEM.
- Branding: Ensuring consistent branding across all media and collateral.
- Lead generation: Meeting minimum quantity of residential leads monthly to support sales channels.
- Creative development: Working with internal teams and/or outside agencies to oversee all creative executions and representations of the company including brochures, uniforms, business cards, advertisements, promotional items, presentations, etc.
- Copywriting: Propose, author, and promote original blog content relevant to our client base and supportive of SEO efforts, as well as writing press releases, publishing articles, and communicating with journalists to earn media.
- Marketing automation: Using our automation platform to develop emails, newsletters, drip campaigns to keep in touch with installed clients and reengage potential opportunities.
- Sales professional support: Assisting Sales Professionals in their goal to generate 10 “self-generated” leads per month with budget and resources from the marketing department.
Technical marketing training and education is required.
We are looking for an employee who will embody the “EmPowering Way”: professionalism, teamwork, excellence, commitment to clean energy and client focus.
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
Candidates should have:
- 3+ years experience in the social media/digital content space.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent digital media editing tools.
- Working knowledge of SEO as well as Google AdWords.
- Proven experience with the business applications of social media platforms.
- A deep understanding of social media metrics, and the ability to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- A strong handle on client relationship management software, marketing automation software, and website editing capabilities (WordPress).
The ideal candidate should also:
- Demonstrate proficiency working with computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word and other Office programs.
- Be proactive with the ability to evaluate situations and confidently present solutions.
- Be capable of working in a team environment as well as acting and operating confidently and independently.
- Demonstrate capability of taking an undefined problem and identifying solvable approaches.
- Have experience working in a small business environment.
- Hold a bachelor’s in marketing or have relevant work experience in the field.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. Candidate must be willing to commit extra hours when necessary for important events and complete time-sensitive tasks. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch, starting at 9 AM.
Employee shall be salaried and receive quarterly structured performance-based bonuses for an annual compensation range of $45k to $58k, commensurate with experience. Salary will be increased with time in service and strong performance.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 13 vacation days + 10 paid holidays
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
- Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Candidate: Digital + Social Marketing Coordinator (YOUR NAME)”
- Include something fun/interesting/unusual/intriguing about yourself in your cover letter (don’t be shy!)
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com.