Social Media Coordinator
WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture, paired with our deep industry expertise, positions our employees to succeed and thrive professionally.
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for effectively and meaningfully expanding the company’s growing social media and digital impact. The coordinator will manage social media strategy, creative development, and lead generation. The coordinator will ensure that EmPower Solar remains the perceived regional leader when it comes to quality workmanship, customer experience, and community service.
Success in this position will be determined by the following data:
- Qualified lead growth rate
- Social media conversion rate
- Social media audience growth rate
- Increase in website traffic from social media
- Consumer engagement, impressions, visits, conversions
- Positive return on digital advertising budgets
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator will have ownership over holistically managing EmPower Solar’s social media program.
- Strategy: develop and manage a social media content calendar including organic posts and paid ads to support campaigns; may work with internal teams and/or outside consultants/agencies.
- Creative creation: create visually appealing media (photos, videos, graphics) for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok with captivating captions and relevant hashtags.
- Community management: build meaningful connections with industry professionals, influencers, existing customers, and potential customers via social media; respond to comments and messages in a timely manner.
- Lead generation: meet minimum quantity of leads monthly to support sales channels, including referrals.
- Reporting and analysis: define, measure, and report upon KPIs; use analytics reports to gain insights and utilize this information effectively.
General marketing duties also apply.
- Branding: ensure consistent branding across all media and collateral.
- Copywriting: propose, author, and promote original blog content relevant to our client base and supportive of SEO efforts (monthly).
- Marketing automation: utilize automation platform for development, scheduling, and analysis.
- Sales support: assist Sales Professionals in their goal to generate 10 “self-generated” leads per month with budget and resources from the marketing department (as needed).
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
Technical marketing training and education is required.
We are looking for a team member who will embody the “EmPowering Way”: professionalism, teamwork, excellence, commitment to clean energy and client focus.
Candidate should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, scrupulous, and a problem solver. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
Candidate must have:
- 3+ years experience in the social media/digital content space.
- Proven experience with the business applications of social media platforms.
- A deep understanding of social media metrics, and the ability to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud or equivalent digital media editing tools.
- A strong handle on client relationship management software and marketing automation software.
The ideal candidate should also:
- Have experience working in a small business environment.
- Be comfortable with working on a team, as well as independently, with confidence.
- Be capable of proactively evaluating situations and confidently presenting solutions.
- Hold a bachelor’s in marketing or have relevant work experience in the field.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. Candidate must be able to commit extra hours when necessary for events, time-sensitive tasks, etc. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch, starting by 9:00 am.
Employee shall be salaried and receive quarterly structured performance-based bonuses for an annual compensation range of $55k to $60k, commensurate with experience. Salary will be increased with time in service and strong performance.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Accrued vacation and sick time, plus paid holidays
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; training, conferences, etc.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com.