COME JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients in New York. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has installed thousands of solar and battery storage systems across Long Island and New York City.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as a Solar Analyst to support and grow our Commercial Division.
The Solar Analyst position reports directly to the SVP Commercial Division, with the primary responsibility of managing commercial project proposal generation, including all applications of photovoltaic and storage systems. The Solar Analyst is also responsible for studying and understanding all commercial tariffs in PSEG, ConEdison and other utility regions as required. Other responsibilities include:
Commercial Estimating, Quoting, and Development
- Lead the development of, launch, and maintain commercial proposal generation tools.
- Use project data to conduct profitability analyses and refine proposal generation tools, improving accuracy over time.
- Study, research, and suggest best financial approaches for all commercial projects.
- Perform commercial estimation, putting together commercial proposals and understanding cash flows, knowing when/how/why to make manual adjustments.
- Ensure EmPower quotes commercial projects efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Attend virtual and in-person client meetings as required.
- Study, research, and suggest best approach for all RFP/RFIs that EmPower wishes to pursue. Once final decisions are made, complete and submit in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain presentation collateral with the assistance of the Marketing Team to ensure that all deliverables are professional and organized.
- Manage commercial interconnection and rebate applications.
- Interface with clients and EmPower team members to prepare documents for interconnection submission to local utility companies.
- Submit interconnection applications in a timely manner and respond to utility inquires as needed.
Estimates, Quotes, Applications, Records
- Organize and maintain estimates, quotes, applications, rebates, and Salesforce records, and properly track multiple projects simultaneously throughout the development process (i.e. client requests, updating Salesforce, responding to utility inquiries, dealing with application screening, etc.)
Quarterly Market Analysis
- Research and understand EmPower’s marketplace and competitors to leverage EmPower’s strengths and identify business opportunities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel. Strong time management skills.
- You should be adept at doing rough “back-of-the-envelope” calculations when discussing a project with both clients and team members.
- Strong computer skills. Familiarity with Adobe, Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace tools is preferred.
- Previous experience in the energy sector is not a must but would be a welcome addition.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a comparable CRM is preferred.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. From 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM is a general guideline. Schedules are driven by clients, team members, and events and may vary.
The starting salary range for this position is$45,000 – $55,000 annually. The pay rate is commensurate with experience. Compensation will be increased with time in service and strong performance. Note that EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches the first 4%. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision programs. The typical workweek is 40 hours.
This position can work remotely.
We have awesome co-workers and company culture. We host team off-site activities, including, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the Empowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
- To apply, please fill out an application found here.
- Follow the instructions included in the application to submit your resume. EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at empower-solar.com