COME JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients in New York. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has installed thousands of solar and battery storage systems across Long Island and New York City.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an entry-level/junior financial analyst with a deep interest in studying the renewable energy sector, cash flow modeling, business system development, and more. This individual is personable, motivated, and organized to perform duties that will help support and grow our Commercial Division.
The Solar Analyst position reports directly to the SVP Commercial Division, with the primary responsibility of assisting in commercial solar and energy storage project proposal generation, including determination of the optimal cash flow scenario for each proposal. The Solar Analyst is also responsible for studying and understanding all commercial tariffs in PSEG, ConEdison and other utility regions as required. Other responsibilities include supporting in business process and systems development.
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Commercial Estimating, Financial Modeling
- Learn the development process of, launch, and maintain commercial proposal generation tools.
- Use project data to conduct profitability analyses and refine proposal generation tools, improving accuracy over time.
- Study, research, and suggest best financial approaches for all commercial projects.
- Perform commercial estimation, putting together commercial proposal drafts and developing an understanding of cash flows, knowing when/how/why to make manual adjustments.
- Ensure EmPower quotes commercial projects efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Attend virtual and in-person client meetings as required.
- Study, research, and suggest best approach for all RFP/RFI’s that EmPower wishes to pursue. Once final decisions are made, complete and submit in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain presentation collateral with the assistance of the Marketing Team to ensure that all deliverables are professional and organized.
- Help manage commercial interconnection and rebate applications.
- Interface with clients and EmPower team members to prepare documents for interconnection submission to local utility companies.
- Submit interconnection applications in a timely manner and respond to utility inquires as needed.
Business Process/Systems Daily Organization & System Development
- Organize and maintain estimates, quotes, applications, rebates, and Salesforce records, and properly track multiple projects simultaneously throughout the development process (i.e., Client requests, updating Salesforce, responding to utility inquiries, dealing with application screening, etc.).
- Innovate/improve existing business and quoting processes & tools, perform associated development changes in database management systems.
- Quarterly research and understand EmPower’s marketplace and competitors to leverage EmPower’s strengths and identify business opportunities.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel. Strong time management skills.
- You should be adept at doing rough “back-of-the-envelope” calculations when discussing a project with both clients and team members.
- Strong computer skills. Familiarity with Adobe, Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace tools is preferred.
- Previous experience in the energy sector is not a must but would be a welcome addition.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a comparable CRM is preferred.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. From 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM is a general guideline. Schedules are driven by clients, team members, and events and may vary.
The entry level salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000 annually. The pay rate is commensurate with experience. Compensation will be increased with strong performance and time in service. EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches the first 4%. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision programs.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
The company culture is defined by the Empowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally. We have awesome co-workers and company culture. We host team off-site activities, including, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- To apply, please fill out an application here.
- Follow the instructions included in the application to submit your resume.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com