WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as a Commercial Solar Installer to support and grow the company.
EmPower Solar seeks top quality construction professionals to become Commercial Solar Installation tradesmen. EmPower Solar view’s solar construction as a unique emerging trade which incorporates both electrical and carpentry trades. Installers participate in both “on the job” and formal training programs.
EmPower Solar departs significantly from its competition through focus on workplace satisfaction, customer service, top quality installation, focus on safety, multiple training programs, benefits, and much more.
- Top quality solar installations with a continued focus on safety
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following responsibilities are to be performed with guidance and training from Site Manager and additional EmPower representatives.
- Installation of solar electric systems on commercial buildings
- Roof work includes large-scale system layout, mounting of attachments and/or rails, mounting of solar panels, module wiring interconnections and more.
- Electrical & interconnection work includes conduit runs, wire pulling, inverter mounting, mounting & dressing of electrical enclosures, final terminations, and more.
- Data monitoring systems installed and commissioned to effectively communicate over the internet with the central server, data monitoring training with property owner.
- System operation shall be explained to the customer thus properly “turning over” ownership to the client.
- Additional tasks / skills include driving the company van, keeping working environments clean and organized, and much more.
Solar Installers will be assigned to one of three teams: Residential team, Commercial team, or the Service team. Although assigned to one team a Solar Installer could be assigned to support another field team at any time.
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about the solar energy construction industry; looking to start a career.
- Construction / mechanical experience, comfortable using tools.
- Enjoys working in the field, outdoors and in varying weather conditions.
- Willing to work late hours.
- Comfortable working at high elevations, with a ladder and on sloped roofs
- Electrical experience a plus
- Basic computer / networking skills important
- Excellent client relations & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment, meeting deadline, has attention to details — explanation/description, references required
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including occasional overtime, weekend, and overnight travel requirements.
- Owns a vehicle with valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This position works Monday through Thursday, ten hours per day, with Friday as the “Regular Day Off”. Work hours are typically from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Occasionally your day off will shift to a day earlier in the week because of inclement weather and you will work Friday instead, ensuring you get your full work week.
Salary is paid on an hourly basis; effective rates are between $18 to $22 per hour starting. Experienced installers are offered as high as $35 or more per hour. Structured bonus is based on $/module installation system. Compensation packages will be evaluated based on background and experience. Health, Sick & Annual Leave, and 401k retirement (with 4% company match) benefits are included. Details available upon request.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
- Competitive pay
- 5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
All applications are submitted online at: https://docs.google.com/a/empowerces.com/forms/d/10m2tQYxLtFoEEBlrQFR6cHUi9ZANP0ZQ1PJDyw2cVV4/viewform
Additional documents are required to be submitted per instructions in the online form.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com