EmPower Solar is a fast growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as Solar Installer to support and grow the company.
EmPower Solar seeks top quality construction professionals to become Solar Installation tradesmen. EmPower Solar view’s solar construction as a unique emerging trade which incorporates both electrical and carpentry trades. Installers participate in both “on the job” and formal training programs.
EmPower Solar departs significantly from its competition through focus on workplace satisfaction, customer service, top quality installation, focus on safety, multiple training programs, benefits, and much more.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following responsibilities are to be performed with guidance and training from Site Manager and additional EmPower representatives.
- Installation of solar electric systems on homes and commercial buildings
- Roof work includes system layout, mounting of attachments and/or rails, mounting of solar panels, module wiring interconnections and more
- Electrical & interconnection work includes conduit runs, wire pulling, inverter mounting, mounting & dressing of electrical enclosures, final terminations, and more
- All systems are inspected and commissioned by installers
- Data monitoring systems installed and commissioned to properly communicate over the internet with the central server; data monitoring training with homeowner
- System operation shall be explained to the customer thus properly “turning over” ownership to the client
- Additional tasks/skills include driving the company van, keeping working environments clean and organized, and much more
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about the solar energy construction industry; looking to start a career
- Construction / mechanical experience, comfortable using tools
- Enjoys working in the field, outdoors and in varying weather conditions
- Willing to work late hours
- Comfortable working at high elevations, with a ladder and on sloped roofs
- Electrical experience a plus
- Basic computer / networking skills important
- Excellent client relations & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment meeting deadlines, has attention to details — explanation/description, references required
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including occasional overtime, weekend and overnight travel requirements
- College degree or working towards one
- Owns a vehicle with valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position works Monday through Thursday, ten hours per day, with Friday as the “Regular Day Off”. Work hours are typically from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Occasionally your day off will shift to a day earlier in the week as a result of inclement weather and you will work Friday instead, ensuring you get your full work week.
Salary is paid on an hourly basis, effective rates are between $18 to $22 per hour starting. Experienced installers are offered as high as $35 or more per hour. Structured bonus is based on $/module installation system. Compensation packages will be evaluated based on background and experience. Health, Sick & Annual Leave, and 401k retirement (with 4% company match) benefits are included. Details available upon request.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER?
- EmPower is a fast growing solar energy company and alternative energy company that is a leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower will provide hands on solar energy education and training under the guidance of engineers and energy management professionals. EmPower’s team has several NABCEP certified solar professionals.
- Support for outside training and professional development is available.
- A job at EmPower gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower
All applications are submitted online using the Apply Now link below. Additional documents are required to be submitted per instructions in the online form.
COMPANY & CONTACT INFORMATION
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at https://www.empower-solar.com/why-empower-solar