WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower is seeking an individual with strong analytical skills to directly assist the COO in all duties including but not limited to data analysis, process and dashboard development, software tool development, case study administration and analysis, etc. This individual shall have unique access to company data and directly participate in senior management actions and decision making, including occasional acts directly on behalf of the COO.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist COO in core duties related to process development and improvement, process/data analysis, administration of or performance of software development, etc.
- Data Analysis
- Perform in depth research and gain fundamental understanding of existing company data from Salesforce, QuickBooks, Timesheets, etc.
- Analyze raw data and generate reports which illustrate meaningful information within
- Present reports to inform strategic decision making
- Excel Based Tools Admin & Development
- Assist in maintenance of existing core Excel based tools/utilities
- Where applicable, assist or lead efforts to migrate the tool to new platforms
- Company KPI’s and Metrics Tracking
- With COO, update recurring (weekly, quarterly, monthly, etc.) company Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Interpret KPI’s and identify necessary actions, present KPI’s as needed
- Identify new KPI’s that may better represent aspects of company or individual performance
- Salesforce Administration & Development
- Assist/lead existing EmPower Salesforce staff in administration and updating of our platform
- Maintain, update and develop new reports and dashboards for EmPower employees, in accordance with optimal procedures and desired outcomes
- Develop new reports to be used in senior level strategic decision making
- Assist in oversight of hired Salesforce developers in the completion of desired tasks
- If applicable, directly perform certain Salesforce development tasks
- Case Study Coordinator
- Track and identify new operational/process challenges, priority rank all
- Coordinate in root cause analysis investigations, interviews, across all company departments/units
- Suggest or make the actual policy changes based on input from leadership
- Act as a resource for other staff, assist in final process change implementation
KEY CHARACTER TRAITS
- Highly organized, meticulous
- Problem solver
- Self-starter, always takes initiative
- Excited to learn new skills, gain experience and knowledge in new domains
- Doesn’t stop until solutions met and/or conclusions reached
- Bachelor or Master of Science in an analytical discipline. Ex: Accounting, Business, Engineering, Math, Science. And/or Master in Business Administration.
- 3 years of experience in a role (a) using and developing analytical skills and (b) using modeling tools
- Near or expert level competence using MS Excel and related software such as Google Sheets
- Direct experience converting raw data into actionable information in the form of reports, presentations, dashboards, etc.
- Strong visual design sense, with ability to communicate effectively and elegantly using reports, graphs, charts, etc.
- ERP software administration or development experience (ex. Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, or other)
- Direct experience in business operations, such as writing/development of operational procedures.
- Coding/development experience
- Additional analytical software experience such as Power BI, Tableau, SAS DB & SQL Programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience performing research and performing a deep dive into a desired topic and obtaining a complete understanding as required or desired
HOURS, LOCATION, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Please know that solar development and contracting is a “hands on” business. Most operations employees spend 100% of their time in the field or office, as does the COO, with some exceptions. It is our expectation and vision that this position spend a majority of their time working directly work with the COO in person continually on a daily basis.
- Given the nature of the role, individual must work 100% in the office with the COO for the first 4 months. Following the initial period, limited work from home will be allowed, up to 2 days per week.
- The typical workday is 8-10 work hours with a break for lunch, starting between 8 to 9 AM. Target starting annual compensation is $70k or more per year.
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; 4% match 401 k program; and 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
To apply for this position, please click “Apply Now!” to complete an application.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com