EmPower Solar is a fast growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as Solar Project Administrator to support and grow the company.
If you’re looking to get into the renewable energy business but have limited experience and do not know where to begin – this is the position for you!
While supporting our permitting department, this position is one of EmPower Solar’s primary representatives with all building departments across Long Island (LI)/New York City (NYC) and Westchester. This position plays a key role in closing out EmPower Solar construction permits by scheduling and attending building inspections. Travel is necessary for this position.
WHAT WE EXPECT
This position is expected to:
- Assist the Permitting Department in obtaining all necessary permits and approvals from local municipalities.
- Proactively identify requirements and potential roadblocks to maintain project schedules.
- Contribute creatively towards the department’s expansion.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage permit process from project turnover to project closeout.
- Prepare permit/license applications per project with local municipalities
- Develop and maintain relationships with local municipalities.
- Assist with permit application delivery, travel required.
- Coordinate, schedule, travel to and attend final building department inspections as necessary across LI/Westchester.
- Coordinate and schedule NYC final building inspections.
- Organization and management of projects in Salesforce.
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- Detailed oriented, ability to manage multiple projects under restrictive deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers, including Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Word and other Office programs.
- Must be proactive with the ability to evaluate particular situations and present solutions.
- Capable of working in a team environment as well as acting and operating confidently and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates will need to make phone calls to jurisdictions and clients as necessary and conduct conversations in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving; capable of taking an undefined problem and identifying solvable approaches.
- Valid New York State driver’s license, reliable transportation.
- NYS Notary Public preferred but not required.
- NYC Class 1 or 2 Filing Representative license preferred but not required.
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Employee shall be compensated at a rate of $18.00 – $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. Compensation will be increased with time in service and strong performance.
Note that EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches the first 4%. Benefits include medical, dental and vision programs. The typical work week is 40 hours, with the day starting at 8 AM and 9 AM.
EmPower Solar desires that all employees grow professionally. We provide online solar training and encourage employees to seek out and request support for other related professional development courses or programs.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; happy hours, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; training, conferences, etc.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER SOLAR?
- EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar company and a respected energy leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower Solar will provide direct solar energy experience by allowing for training, both within EmPower Solar, and through appropriate industry recognized development programs.
- Support for outside training and professional development when available.
- A job at EmPower Solar gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower.
EmPower is growing rapidly, and our Project Administrator & Permitting needs will grow accordingly. A successful Solar Project Administrator should look forward to an expanding role and compensation package within the solar industry.
Interested applicants should fill out the online job application found here.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available here.