WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as a Solar Project Administrator to support and grow the company.
If you’re looking to get into the renewable energy business but have limited experience and do not know where to begin – this is the position for you!
EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar energy design and contracting company focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area. EmPower seeks a personable, motivated and organized individual to perform permit closeout responsibilities as a Solar Project Administrator.
This position is expected to:
- Support and assist the Project Management team in closing out solar projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare Field Crew Construction Drawing WP Sets
- Prepare Electrical Safety Signage
- In-person presence for field team administrative support.
- CRM (Salesforce) Project Admin Review and advancement
- Communicate with EmPower teams and Utility departments for status and project review
- Project Modifications with Utility and required document changes.
- Electrical Filing Request Submissions
- Close Out Duties:
- Utility Close out document preparation & overall project review
- Manage & Submit utility process & portal submissions
- Ensuring Utility End of Project Operation Letters and status
- Updating NYSERDA Rebate status and completion.
- Updating CRM
- Detailed oriented, ability to manage multiple projects under restrictive deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers, including Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, Word and other Office programs.
- Must be proactive with the ability to evaluate situations and present solutions.
- Capable of working in a team environment as well as acting and operating confidently and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate will need to make phone calls to jurisdictions and clients as necessary and conduct conversations in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated capability of problem solving; capable of taking an undefined problem and identifying solvable approaches.
- Valid New York State driver’s license, reliable transportation.
- No experience required, but experience/familiarity working in construction environment preferred.
- Prior experience working with building departments.
- Bachelors/Associates degree or relevant work experience in field.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and specifications.
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
Employee shall be compensated at a rate of $20.00 – $22.00 per hour, commensurate with experience. Compensation will be increased with time in service and strong performance.
Note that EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches the first 4%. Benefits include medical, dental and vision programs. The typical work week is 40 hours, with the day starting at 8 AM and 9 AM.
WHAT WE OFFER
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
- Competitive pay
- 5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; happy hours, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
To apply, please complete an employment application, found here.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com