EmPower Solar is a fast growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as Solar Service Associate to support and grow the company.
The Solar Service Associate are responsible for call answering, customer service, troubleshooting, quoting, scheduling and payments for service work. The Service Associate is responsible to deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Service Associate Core Responsibilities
- Answering general questions /sending requested documentation and/or
- Routing to appropriate person
- Sources: sales, marketing and inbound calls
- Review HO bills and verify against monitoring
- Explain net metering and how credits banks work
- Setting initial appointments
- Creating opportunities/events
- Giving updates on time of arrival/changes to schedule
Quoting – Standard
- Snow, Squirrel, etc
- Generate, send to client, get signed!
EmForce Processing & AR Management
- Post SV – Warranty / Quote / Project creation
- Invoicing / Follow-up
- Reconciliation with accounting department
- Project closeout
Service Associate Specializations
- Battery Specialist
- Managing inbound shipments.
- Marking as received EmForce
- Add to stock/shelving; make available to SM and crew
- Shipping out once completed
- Upload return docs into EmForce/H:drive
- Schedule and coordinate shipping
- Service Special Sales & PM (focus is new business, even though most come through existing client base)
- Sales (of specific products/channels)
- Active selling of services
- Service PM
- See projects through to completion
- NRG Channel (Forest)
- NRG proposals
- NRG processing (close; automate task specifying process)
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about the solar energy construction industry
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment meeting deadlines, attention to detail – explanation/description, references required
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments
- College degree or working towards one
- Experience using software including Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Docs, Salesforce
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Preference given to individuals with NABCEP certifications
We are looking for an employee who will embody the “EmPowering Way”: professionalism, teamwork, excellence, commitment to clean energy, and client focus.
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. Candidate must be willing to commit to extra hours when necessary for customer emergencies and complete time-sensitive tasks. The typical day is 8-9 work hours with a break for lunch, starting at 9 AM.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position that will be paid on a weekly basis. The salary range for this position is between $18.00 – $22.00 per hour. Structured performance-based bonus and opportunities to earn commission may be available. Salary will be increased with time in service and strong performance.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; happy hours, volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at empower-solar.com.