EmPower Solar is a fast growing solar and battery energy development, engineering and contracting company, focusing on Long Island and the New York metropolitan area, with a prestigious reputation in the marketplace.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as Solar Service Technician to support and grow the company.
EmPower seeks top quality electricians and other tradesmen to become Solar Service Technicians. Service technicians are a special breed of dedicated, passionate individuals who strive to be the “best of the best” in the solar tradesmen in the industry. Service technicians have one of the most challenging yet rewarding positions. Service technicians are often former solar installers, but are seeking a more challenging environment and like to solve problems. Service technicians are smart, knowledgeable, patient, and persistent. Service techs are excited about the opportunity to learn ‘everything there is to know’ about a new system or product and are undaunted about digging into a fresh manual. Of course, service technicians have great customer service skills. Please apply if you think you have what it takes.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The EmPower Service territory is Long Island, Westchester County and NYC
- Set up and maintain a safe work site communicating appropriately with customers
- Troubleshoot and maintain customer’s photovoltaic systems including but not limited to roof and ground mounted solar arrays, solar inverters & electrical equipment and data acquisition/monitoring systems
- Perform inverter error code and basic home electrical troubleshooting
- Solar equipment removal-reinstall
- Ability to work independently or in a small team setting to achieve goals and maintain a schedule. Work with Service Manager to provide client updates as needed
- Critter guard installation
- Work with Warehouse/Yard Supervisor to maintain a neatly organized and well stocked work truck
- Large array service (multi-megawatt size)
- Special cases & independent work
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
Candidates should be hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, organized, planning-oriented, problem solvers, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about the solar energy construction industry; looking to start a career
- Technicians have 3+ years of solar experience
- Preference given to individuals with NABCEP certifications
- Other construction / mechanical experience, comfortable using tools
- Enjoys working in the field, outdoors and in varying weather conditions
- Willing to work late hours
- Comfortable working at high elevations, with a ladder and on sloped roofs
- Basic computer/networking skills important
- Excellent client relations & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment meeting deadlines, has attention to details — explanation/description, references required
- Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including occasional overtime, weekend and overnight travel requirements
- College degree or working towards one
- Owns a vehicle with valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Pay rate is commensurate with experience. Technicians are typically compensated at a rate of $18.00-$32.00 per hour or more. Compensation will be increased with time in service and strong performance. Note that EmPower offers a 401k plan and matches the first 4%. Benefits include medical, dental and vision programs. The typical work week is 40 hours, with ample opportunity to get overtime. The work day typically starts at 7 AM.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay
- 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays
- ‘Clean Commuter’ benefits
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- Team off-site activities; volleyball, yoga, ball games, and other celebrations!
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development opportunities; trainings, conferences, etc.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER?
- EmPower is a fast growing solar energy company and alternative energy company that is a leader in the region.
- Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower will provide hands on solar energy education and training under the guidance of engineers and energy management professionals. EmPower’s team has several NABCEP certified solar professionals.
- Support for outside training and professional development is available.
- A job at EmPower gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower
All applications are submitted online using the Apply Now link below. Additional documents are required to be submitted per instructions in the online form.
COMPANY & CONTACT INFORMATION
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at https://www.empower-solar.com/why-empower-solar