WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation. Company leadership plays a vital role throughout the state shaping policy on everything from solar + storage business models to highly technical interconnection issues.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated, and organized individual to perform duties as a Warehouse Associate to support and grow the company.
EmPower Solar seeks a Warehouse Associate (WA) to ensure crews always have the equipment they need to execute projects efficiently and effectively. Warehouse Associate is responsible for ordering, storing & distributing tools and equipment, including stocking vehicles for the next day after they return in the evening. The Warehouse Associate shall also be responsible for overseeing maintenance for the vehicle fleet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review jobs and prep supplies for each crew prior to their return•Restock trucks & vans after their return to the warehouse in the late afternoon.
- Manage weekly inventory & ordering cycle.
- Take deliveries, audit against what was ordered, track backorders.•Restock inventory maintaining highly organized, immaculate storage areas.
- Keep the yard clean & organized.
- Maintain sign-out system for designated equipment & tools.
- Oversee proper care & maintenance of EmPower’s vehicle fleet.
- Other missions and tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- Highly organized, attention to detail with the ability to manage last minute changes.
- Basic construction industry experience or training
- Passionate about the solar energy construction industry; looking to start a career.
- Personable, proactive, quick learner, positive endorsements
- Strong references to provide testimony of your ability to learn quickly, organize & think ahead.
- High school graduate
- Personal vehicle & valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Completed OSHA-10 training (can do at home after being notified of your selection)
- Forklift experience / qualifications
- Strong communication skills
- Stocking or retail experience in a distribution center or warehouse
- Prior experience working in the Solar industry or with electrical materials.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and other computer-based inventory systems
- Familiar with Long Island and City electrical codes
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This position is good for someone who prefers to have mornings off for personal activities. As WA you will work with management to determine what work schedules are best. In general, this position works five-day work week, 12 PM – 8 PM, or until the job is done, with most activity taking placeon afternoons and evenings. On a typical workday the crews will pick up the trucks early in the morning (around 6am) and return to the warehouse after between 5pm to 7pm. As WA you will ensure that the trucks are properly stocked for the next workday and ready for pickup early the next morning. This means that the WA is working until 8pm or later if needed. Occasionally weekend work may be required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- EmPower Solar is a fast-growing solar company and a respected energy leader in the region.•Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world.
- Working for EmPower Solar will provide direct solar energy experience by allowing for training, both within EmPower Solar, and through appropriate industry recognized development programs.
- Support for outside training and professional development when available.•A job at EmPower Solar gives you an opportunity to be an environmental leader.
- Opportunity for career advancement within EmPower.
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to success professionally and thrive personally.
For further consideration, please complete an online application found here: https://forms.gle/GQgZzittj4Lnexdw9
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information is available at www.empower-solar.com