WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to succeed professionally and thrive personally.
When a homeowner is looking to ditch their utility company, save some serious money on electricity, and put the most powerful solar on their roof, they call EmPower Solar. The Sales Development Representative is the individual who answers the call! SDRs kick off the amazing customer experience that we deliver to each and every customer. Their job is to provide some basic education to interested homeowners, qualify customers to make sure they’re good candidates for solar, and set up in-person consultations with our Sales Professionals. SDRs are on the front lines of interacting with our new customers, so they represent the EmPower Solar brand and our clean energy mission with pride and purpose.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to break into sales or the solar industry in general. Any applicant with a desire to learn, excel, and advance their professional career is highly encouraged to apply.
KEY DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quickly qualify and build rapport with each new customer
- Educate others about the benefits of solar power
- Meet or exceed monthly sales appointment goals
- Manage inbound leads using Salesforce and Calendar schedule
- Identify new ways to increase/improve lead qualification to help increase sales
- Ensure that all new leads are contacted and processed into a follow-up/qualification campaign
YOUR PERSONAL QUALITIES + CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptionally high level of attention to detail; extremely well-organized
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and professional
- Sports-minded, competitive, and coachable
- Extremely well-organized; able to tightly manage a multitude of responsibilities at once
- Engaging personality on the phone and in person
- Desire to grow within a high quality company
YOU ALSO HAVE
- A strong familiarity with Google Workspace, including Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendars, etc.
- 2+ References
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position, approximately 40 hours/week expected. The compensation for this position is comprised of an hourly base pay plus a commission structure. Regular performance bonuses and sales contest prizes will also be given to strong performers. Benefits include a 4% match 401(k) program; health, dental, and vision benefits; 3 weeks of vacation (plus paid holidays).
Future SDRs should:
- Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Sales Development
- In your cover letter, give us your best directions from New York Penn Station to the Statue of Liberty.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
EmPower Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.