WORK FOR THE MOST ADVANCED + REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY IN NYS
EmPower Solar develops, engineers, installs, and services solar and battery systems for residential and commercial clients. Since 2003, EmPower Solar has expanded exponentially in both volume and expertise, leading the NY Metro market in both residential and commercial solar development and installation.
Our mission is to empower clients with high performance solar power and battery systems. Our vision is to create a new energy paradigm powered by clean, renewable energy for a more prosperous, healthy, and civil world. Our approach to business is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality work and is guided by our core values.
The company culture is defined by the EmPowering Way, which results in consistent 5-star customer service reviews. The company is now leveraging its extensive expertise to drive new growth by delivering significantly more value to its customers. EmPower’s purpose-driven culture paired with our deep expertise and capabilities position our employees to succeed professionally and thrive personally. EmPower Solar seeks an experienced, personable, motivated and organized individual to perform duties as a Sales Professional to support and grow the company.
This position will be part of EmPower’s Commercial division. Sales Professionals within the Commercial team are responsible for welcoming new customers to EmPower and educating them about the optimal way for them to benefit from Solar, batteries and EV charging. Sales Professionals are expected to quickly develop and constantly command understanding of commercial scale solar and battery products, financing products and all of the procedural details of going solar. For the first 12 months,
- Quickly develop relationships with new prospective customers
- Meet with business owners and decision-makers to deliver presentations and present proposals
- Discover, understand, and execute on optimal financing and system design solutions for customers
- Develop a deep industry knowledge, with a particular emphasis on the technical aspects of solar power and equipment, financing, legislative and regulatory policy, and market forces/influences
- Demonstrate a commitment to the EmPower team, working with other Sales Professionals and team members to achieve common goals
- Represent EmPower’s vision, mission, and culture with pride and purpose
RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO ENSURE SUCCESS
- Control over your own marketing budget
- Full access to EmPower Solar’s training program
- Technology necessary to work remotely
- Highly-developed customer management systems (Salesforce), proposal generation systems, and presentation platforms
- Regular full-team trainings
- Regular individualized coaching and goal-setting
- Experienced leadership and supportive administrative team
- Ethics & integrity at your core: EmPowering Way
- Builds strong social networks
- Self-starting; highly proactive; eager and willing to try new things to promote personal success; fighter
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills; able to communicate and deal well with new people; make new friends quickly; build relationships in person and over the phone with people.
- A strong affinity for and familiarity with new technology
- A high respect for process and procedure; able to step outside of your comfort zone to embrace new processes
- Highly proficient in Google and Microsoft products (Gmail, Google Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A college degree & 3+ years of sales experience or demonstrated strong performance in a sales position
- Demonstrated lead generation experience
- A driver’s license with a clean driving record
- A familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM, preferred
- A basic knowledge of electricity, solar, renewable energy, sustainable development, or related field preferred
HOURS, COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
This is a full-time position, approximately 45-50 hours/week expected. The compensation for this position is comprised of a base salary plus a commission structure. Regular performance bonuses and sales contest prizes will also be given to strong performers. This is a performance-based position, and motivated, hardworking, successful employees will be compensated generously. Additional benefits include 4% match 401 k program. Health, dental, and vision.
- Email a resume & cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Sales Professional.”
- Include something fun/interesting/unusual/intriguing about yourself in your cover letter.
- In your cover letter, give us your best directions from New York Penn Station to the Statue of Liberty.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay & 2.5 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Awesome co-workers and company culture
- 401k plan with a match up to 4% gross compensation
- Professional development opportunities; training, conferences, etc.
EmPower Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.